Pahalgam may be among the oldest hill stations in the valley, but it’s only recently become a top destination to visit. With more and more travelers flocking here every year, this northern town is witnessing an exponential rise in tourist arrivals.
What to do in Pahalgam?
– Pahalgam is a hill station in the Himalayas and one of the most talked about places in Kashmir. It is a perfect place to relax and enjoy the views. There are plenty of things to do in Pahalgam, from hiking and cycling to visiting temples and natural sites.
– Here are some of the best things to do in Pahalgam:
-Hike to Dewali Fall, one of the most beautiful waterfalls in Pahalgam. It’s a 4-hour hike from the main town.
-Visit Gagal Monastery, one of the most important Buddhist monasteries in Kashmir. It’s located on top of a hill and has breathtaking views of the valley below.
-Visit Sajjil Lake, which is surrounded by mountains and glaciers. There are lots of trails that go around the lake, making it ideal for hiking and biking.
-Cycle or walk along the banks of river Jhelum, which flows through Pahalgam. The landscape is gorgeous and peaceful, perfect for a relaxing walk or ride.
Where to Stay
Pahalgam is a hill station located in Kashmir. It’s a popular tourist destination with many lodges and hotels. There are also some homestays available.
Here are five options for accommodation in Pahalgam:
1) The Pahalgam Palace Hotel is a luxury hotel with 311 rooms. It has a restaurant, bar, pool, tennis courts, and SPA.
2) The Stones Resort is another luxury option with 157 rooms. It has a restaurant, bar, pool, and spa.
3) The Deer Park Lodge is a budget-friendly option with 50 rooms. It has a restaurant, pool, and spa.
4) The Ganges Homestay offers accommodation in simple wooden homes with private bathrooms. There are six homes available and each can accommodate up to four people.
5) lastly, the Jammu Homestay offers accommodation in basic but comfortable homes without any facilities apart from a shared kitchen and bathroom area.
Things To Eat
Pahalgam is a hill station in Kashmir and is known for its delicious food. Some of the best places to eat in Pahalgam are the Tea House, The Coffee House and the Chowk. Here are some of the best things to eat in Pahalgam:
-The Tea House: The Tea House is a great place to get a traditional Kashmiri meal. They serve Shawarma, Paratha, Naan and Kulcha.
-The Coffee House: The Coffee House is another great place to get a meal in Pahalgam. They serve continental style food such as sandwiches, pizzas and pastas. They also have a wide variety of coffee drinks.
-The Chowk: If you want something sweet then head to the Chowk in Pahalgam. They have a wide variety of sweet treats such as baklava, samosas and ice cream.
Beware of Scams
If you’re planning on visiting Pahalgam, be sure to arm yourself with knowledge about the scams that are commonly practiced in the area. From overpriced souvenirs to inflated tour prices, be sure to stay savvy when making your trip. Here are a few tips to help you avoid getting scammed:
-Stay aware of what’s being offered to you. Do your research before arriving in Pahalgam so you can be sure you’re getting a good deal. There are plenty of reputable merchants in the town, so don’t be afraid to ask around for recommendations.
-Be suspicious of anyone who tries to rush you into making a purchase. If someone is pressuring you to buy something, it’s probably not a good deal. Let them know that you’re interested in looking at the item or items, but that you won’t make a decision until you’ve had time to consider it.
-Be cautious of anyone who asks for your money up front. Many scammers will try to collect payment before giving you the item or services they’ve promised. Don’t let this happen! Offering a negotiable price instead will usually work better in these situations.
Pahalgam is one of the most talked about hill stations in Kashmir, with its picturesque beauty and mesmerizing setting attracting tourists from all over India. If you’re looking for a getaway to relax and rejuvenate, Pahalgam should definitely be at the top of your list. But if you’re still unsure whether or not Pahalgam is right for you, read on for a brief guide on what to expect when visiting this tranquil haven.